What is the best resume layout 2017? Did you know that the appearance of your resume is equally as important as its content? Yes, because it is a matter of a professional presentation of your application. So why not give it your best shot by looking into how your layout or format your resume. Check out the following for top tips to know when formatting your CV or resume.
Layout of Resume Tips
- Remember to use white space is important in your application. There are many education resumes that only use half inch in their resume margins, but let know that one inch is the preferred for margins. Alternatively, you can also use up to 1.25 inches for your resume margins.
- Are you using a resume template for your layout? Then, check out all the fields and never leave one empty. You should fill all those fields, and do not leave an empty space in your application.
- You can use either a one-column or a two-column resume for your application. The left side will be for the headings, while the right is for the content. It is in the case of two-column resumes. For one-column applications, organize the information from the most important to the least important. The same goes for your work experience in the great resume layouts. List the most recent work experiences in the beginning and going to the oldest, but make sure those are experiences that have to do with the application.
- Use a uniform font style throughout. For most great resume layouts, the most commonly used are Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman and Verdana. These are easy to read fonts, which can help the employer to understand what you have written.
- For the size of the font, you can use between 10 and 12, whichever looks better based on the type of font you are using. Just remember, you can make your name appear in bold typeface and in a larger font size versus the other elements in your resume. This is to give emphasis in your name as included in the first heading or the headline of your application.
- Choose the right resume format 2017, including chronological, functional and combined resumes. If you are an experienced worker and you have solid work experience for years, you can make use of the reverse chronological layout or format for your resume. This will be able to highlight your experience in the field as well as your accomplishments. You should list the most recent work experience going to the oldest, but don’t include all, only the most related ones. You can choose the functional resume for your layout of a resume, if you have a career gap, if you have been terminated in at least one job or if you want to focus on your skills rather than your work experience. You can use the functional format if you are also shifting careers or changing industries, but you have transferrable skills needed for the new position. You can select the combined format, meaning the combination of the two other styles of resumes, if you have both the work experience and the skills you have for the new job. You can also make use of the hybrid format if you want to focus on both the aspects of the chronological and functional formatting that can further improve your chances to being hired.
- Keep your resume between only one to two pages. Do not go over this page limit if you want to create resume layout 2017 with an impact. A long one may make your resume appear weak because it may not be able to highlight the most important aspects of your application from the start. What you have to remember is make a short but concise resume, which most important details about you are listed in the beginning or in the top fold.
- To make your resume layout 2017 even more effective, make sure that your proofread and edit your paper to prevent any grammar mistakes that might ruin your application. You can use a spell and grammar checker to detect errors and suggest you with changes. Then, you should double-check the paper with your own eyes to ensure it is really free from mistakes.
- Avoid underlining in your resume, one of the tips for layout of resume to remember. Instead, you can use bolding and italics, but never use too many of them. It is fine to use them at some points in your resume when trying to make an emphasis, but don’t have too many of them. You can also use a bulleted list when highlighting your accomplishments.
There you have the tips for a good resume layout in 2017 that you have to know. Don’t forget to apply these pointers so that you can make an impressive application.